Monday, 30 January 2017

Chatting with Patrick Brown #crimewriter




Welcome to the blogsite. Thank you for joining us..... 
Patrick Brown Novels....

Q. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
A. I’m a 51 year old chemist from Atlanta, Georgia. I’ve been married almost 20 years and have a son, 18, and a daughter, 16.

Q. When you’re not writing, what leisure time activities or hobbies do you enjoy?
A. I enjoy martial arts, fitness, reading, coaching baseball, and yard work.

Q. Do you have a kindle, nook, or reading device yourself, or do you prefer to read from printed versions of a book?
A  I read both print and eBooks. I use an iPhone 6s or an iPad to read digitally. 

Q. Who are your favourite authors?
A. Jonathan Franzen, Stephen King, Michael Connelly, Jonathan Kellerman, Agatha Christie, Lee Child, and Robert Crais.

Q. Which ‘genres’ do you prefer to read – and write? Is there a difference?
A. Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, and Action.

Q. What drove you to begin a writing career?
A. A gentle prod from friends and family who thought I would be good at writing.

Q. Do you write to a target – word count – every day, or do you have another writing discipline that you could share with us?
A. I never place word count quotas or any other requirements upon myself. I’ve discovered that inspired writing trumps forced writing every time.

Q. Do you write from imagination, personal experience, or a mixture?
A. I write from a mixture of personal experience and a lively imagination.

Q. Which of the books that you have written so far is your favourite and what can you tell us about it without giving the game away?
A. My first book, Varied Traits, is my favorite in terms of story and characters. My writing skills, however, have sharpened over the subsequent two novels. Those who have read all three almost unanimously prefer my third novel, Spare Change.
The three books are a series—a trilogy, if you will—featuring protagonist, Salem Reid. Reid is a tough guy, reticent and loyal to his friends. He has a big heart and disdains bullies. My stories are rough and gritty, not for the faint-of-heart!



Q. When you have finished writing the book – what do you do next? By that I mean, do you edit the book yourself? Do you design your own book cover? Do you prepare a project plan to market your book?
A. All of my novels undergo severe scrutiny for grammar, punctuation, and consistency through professional copy editors and proof-readers. While I have contributed to the design of the books, I have used artists and graphic designers to do the heavy lifting.

Q. What methods have you used to engage with your readership? Social media, press announcements, or book signings? What works for you that you might recommend for others?
A. I use social media, of course. Book signings, book club visits, and passing out promotional bookmarks have been very useful.

Q. Do you have website or social media page you would like to invite us to visit?

Check out Patrick's books below. Click here for Patrick's Amazon page